Register now! The 2017 Animal Behavior Conference is scheduled for April 7-8 at the Bloomington Convention Center, 302 S. College Avenue in Bloomington, Indiana. The deadline for Abstract submission is March 3, 2017; the deadline for registration for attendees who do not wish to present is March 29, 2017.
CISAB sponsors an annual Animal Behavior Conference each spring. The conference has grown into a regional meeting attended by over 225 students and scientists from undergraduates to senior faculty members from 16 states and 38 universities last year. The conference offers an outstanding opportunity for animal behaviorists to meet and present their latest research.
The conference typically consists of ≈20 talks across multiple sessions and an afternoon poster session. It culminates with a plenary lecture by a highly accomplished researcher in the field of animal behavior and an evening reception open to all participants. Previous plenary lecturers have included:
- Carl D. Hopkins, Cornell University
- Marlene Zuk, UC Riverside
- Lauren V. Riters, University of Wisconsin (ABC '06)
- Michael J. Ryan, University of Texas at Austin (ABC '07)
- Irving Zucker, UC Berkeley (ABC '08)
- Darcy Kelley, Columbia University (ABC '09)
- Roy Caldwell, UC Berkeley (ABC '10)
- Sergio M. Pellis, University of Lethbridge (ABC '11)
- John C. Wingfield, UC Davis (ABC '12)
- Frances Champagne, Columbia University (ABC '13)
- Mark Blumberg, University of Iowa (ABC '14)
- David Crews, University of Texas at Austin (ABC '15)
- Allison S. Fleming, University of Toronto, Mississauga (ABC ’16)