2020 CISAB Summer Research/Field Course/Internship Scholarship Instructions
The Center for the Integrative Study of Animal Behavior (CISAB) at IU will be awarding two scholarships (up to $500 each) to help outstanding Animal Behavior majors at IU Bloomington with the costs of summer field courses, internships, or research experiences in fields relevant to the study of animal behavior. Students participating in short courses or research experiences over Winter or Spring Breaks may also be eligible to apply. Although recipients may not have graduated, they do not necessarily need to enroll for summer credits at IU to receive the scholarship.
The criteria for selecting awardees will include their academic record, background and interest in the study of animal behavior, and the value of the proposed experience in the student’s study of animal behavior. Awardees will be expected to use funds from the scholarship to help defray costs of travel, fees, and /or room and board for summer field courses or internships and must provide documentation of those costs and of acceptance/enrollment in the course/internship to receive the award. Awards will be disbursed via the student’s bursar account.
To apply, you will need to submit a completed application form and request a letter of recommendation from a faculty member (see detailed instructions below). Applicants must be declared animal behavior majors with a GPA greater than 2.0 to be eligible.
Important Advice for Students who have existing scholarships, grants, or aid packages
Some scholarship, fellowship, and grant agencies stipulate that you cannot accept aid from other sources while their funding is in effect. Investigate this carefully before applying for this award. Otherwise, you might risk losing your original funding or having your award amount reduced.
Contact Student Central or Union for financial aid advice if you think this might be an issue (Phone: 812-855-6500; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; http://studentcentral.indiana.edu/financial-aid/index.shtml)
Instructions to apply:
- Email CISAB (email@example.com) to request an IU Box folder for the fellowship well before March 6. Include in your email message the name and email address of the faculty member who will write your recommendation letter.
- Your recommender will receive an email message with a secure IU Box link, which they will use to submit their letter. You will not have access to your recommender’s letter.
- Complete the online application in full. Be sure that your statement does not exceed 500 words, and that you attach a resume or CV.
- Applications are due by March 6, 2020.
- Check with your faculty recommender to make sure they also submitted their letter. You will not have access to this letter.
Recommenders should comment on the applicant’s academic and/or research ability, with a particular focus on their qualifications for summer research or field experiences in animal behavior. Recommenders should submit their letters by March 6, 2020.